Home and Commercial Business License
Business License Overview
All businesses, whether commercial or home-based businesses, who will be located within the city limits of Woodstock must register for a business license with our office.
Occupational Tax License Information and Applications
If planning a new business in the City of Woodstock at a commercial location, you must file an occupational tax license application.
It is in the best interest of the business to check the zoning of the desired business location to make sure that the business type will be allowed in the zone. You can do this by contacting the our Sr. City Planner, Katie O'Connor at 770-592-6000 ext. 1601, or email@example.com.
ResidentialWhen operating a home-based business, the home occupation form should be completed.
Food ServiceRestaurants will need to submit a copy of the Cherokee County Health Inspection report.
North American Industry Classification System (NAICS)Find your NAICS code by business description.
NonprofitIf your business is nonprofit, paperwork is still required. Documentation verifying tax exempt status must accompany the application.
To ensure that a business is legal and the location is safe for public use, a review process is conducted before the issuance of any license. This process takes approximately 15 business days.
We accept checks payable to The City of Woodstock, cash, Visa / Master Card / Discover. For credit card customers, a credit card authorization form is required if mailing or emailing the application.
- Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce, (770) 345-0400
- Corporation State Certificate with Officers
- Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Department of Financial Services
- Secretary of State Office of Professional Licensure
- Fats, Oils, and Grease in Food Establishments Brochure- Great info. for restaurant owners!
- State Tax Registration Information
- First Stop Business Guide- provided by Georgia's Secretary of State