The City of Woodstock offers challenging career opportunities. Approximately 200 full-time and part-time employees provide their services to the community. City employees receive competitive salaries and benefits as well as opportunities for advancement.
The City of Woodstock is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity. Employment opportunities shall be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or marital status.
The Human Resources Department administers the city's personnel system through development and uniform application of Chapter 70 of the City of Woodstock Code of Ordinances. The department facilitates city government operations by effective management of:
- Compensation and Classification
- Employee Development
- Employee Relations
- Employment Services
- Risk Management
- Employment, retention, and development of the City's workforce
- Development and maintenance of competitive benefits and compensation programs
- Purchasing of insurance
- Transfer of risk to lessen the City's exposure to loss
- Worker's compensation and safety programs